What makes TUNGUM® so special.
TUNGUM® possesses extraordinary chemical and physical properties:
- Extreme resistance to seawater and its atmosphere
- Excellent resistance to abrasive wear, cavitation and corrosion (including stress and crevice corrosion)
- Outstanding low-temperature properties
- Very good resistance to material fatigue, e.g. when exposed to pulsating pressures and vibrations
- Non-magnetic, no sparking
In contact with seawater, TUNGUM® forms a very thin oxide skin that acts as a natural protective mechanism. While the tube can otherwise become discoloured and even form verdigris on the surface, the tube material remains durably intact under the “seal” provided by the oxide layer.
Detailed information and case reports can be found in the TUNGUM® downloads.